[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question on implementing a Deuce command

> "Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> writes:
>
> > like gnuemacs.  It requires a bit more programming.  This deficiency is
> > mainly due to the schedule constraints we had -- we needed an editor
> > that did the job, more than we needed a Dylan reinvention of gnuemacs.
>
> Oh, I think the world needs a Dylan reinvention of emacs.
>
> I'm using emacs on a daily basis, even for reading mail and news. And
> I'm unhappy with a full-stop garbage collector, and an extension
> language that's slow, has no OO system, and doesn't even have lexical
> scoping,.

No argument from me.

BTW, ftp://publications.ai.mit.edu/ai-publications/pdf/AITR-1451.pdf
[gleaned from the CLEmacs threads on comp.lang.lisp] might be relevant to
this goal.  An equivalent Elisp integration with Deuce would be extremely
nifty.

Cheers,
-Peter S. Housel-   housel@acm.org   http://members.home.com/housel/

Follow-Ups: References: