[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question on implementing a Deuce command

In article <20011002223040.9026.qmail@solo.americom.com>,
rwk@americom.com wrote:

> > > like gnuemacs.  It requires a bit more programming.  This deficiency
> > > is
> > > mainly due to the schedule constraints we had -- we needed an editor
> > > that did the job, more than we needed a Dylan reinvention of
> > > gnuemacs.
> >
> > Oh, I think the world needs a Dylan reinvention of emacs.
> >
> > I'm using emacs on a daily basis, even for reading mail and news. And
> > I'm unhappy with a full-stop garbage collector, and an extension
> > language that's slow, has no OO system, and doesn't even have lexical
> > scoping,.
>
> How would that work?  Would you deliver an entire development system
> with every copy of Dynan emacs?

Yes.

It would only *need* to be Marlais or Mindy, but even with a full
compiler it would still be no larger than the programs people use every
day: web browsers, MS Word or Excel, Photoshop and so on.

-- Bruce