[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Status of Dylan on MacOS X

Bruce (et.al.)

The error from ./configure relating to AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is due to the fact that
although MacOSX had glibtool the related (g)libtool.m4 which is used by
aclocal/autoconf to produce a local m4 file is not installed in any of the
relevant directories in the system. To get around this I got a copy of the GNU
libtool source and just copied the m4 file to the relevant directory. Running
aclocal now will find the definition of AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and ./configure will be
a happy bunny.

Hope this helps

Gareth Baker

(I'm about to try a bootstrap of the latest tarball on my 10.1 system - I'll
report on any problems - or hopefully lack of them).

PS folks how if c-ffi coming on? I've been holding off doing any large scale had
coding melange interfaces in the hope that c-ffi would come along and make life
a bit easier.

Follow-Ups: References: