[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Status of Dylan on MacOS X

Sorry for the bevity. I think you have to put it in:

/usr/local/share/aclocal

and I think you may need the assiciated ltdl.m4 file which should be in
with the libtool source.

running aclocal --verbose in the gd source directory should confirm that
it has found the definition of AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.

Regards
Gareth Baker

In article <bruce-4C3A37.11415522102001@news.paradise.net.nz>, Bruce Hoult
<bruce@hoult.org> wrote:

> In article <3BD32832.124BC2A4@cwcom.net>, m02aq800@cwcom.net wrote:
>
> > Bruce (et.al.)
> >
> > The error from ./configure relating to AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is due to
> > the fact that although MacOSX had glibtool the related (g)libtool.m4
> > which is used by aclocal/autoconf to produce a local m4 file is not
> > installed in any of the relevant directories in the system. To get
> > around this I got a copy of the GNU libtool source and just copied
> > the m4 file to the relevant directory.
>
> Can you be just a *little* more specific? Copy libtool.m4 to which
> directory?
>
> -- Bruce
>    I hate it when I have to use tools I don't understand

Follow-Ups: References: