[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reducing exe size?

In article <bruce-EC3C58.01453914122001@news.paradise.net.nz>, Bruce
Hoult <bruce@hoult.org> wrote:

> define method rename(oldname :: <byte-string>, newname :: <byte-string>)
>  => res :: <integer>;
>   call-out("rename",
>            int:, // result type
>            ptr:, export-string(oldname),
>            ptr:, export-string(newname));
> end method;

Forgot to mention ... this particular method of interfacing to the OS
and to C code in general is unique to d2c.  Mindy has a different method
(you have to link stuff into the interpreter) and FunO has yet another
just slightly different method.

We're working on implementing the FunO C-FFI interface into d2c but the
current one will probably remain for a long time in parallel to that.

-- Bruce