[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DylDoc

Brian Campbell wrote:

> (sorry for the multiple posting, but I posted this in Google Groups 3
> days ago and it still hasn't appeared on any other news servers I have
> access to)

This happened to me recently also.

> Has anyone implemented anything like JavaDoc for Dylan? I think that
> this would make it much easier to maintain the Gwydion Dylan
> Maintainers Guide, as well as helping out with documenting all of the
> standard libraries.
>
> If no one has done it yet, I'll look into doing it. It seems to me
> that JavaDoc is mostly a good model to go by, but I was wondering if
> anyone else had any suggestions (other than getting rid of all of
> those f***ing asterisks, which I would of course do anyhow).

I think it's a great idea.  Functional Developer has the

  File -> Export -> Library interface reference

command, but I'm not even sure it's in the released version.  I
think there was talk about implementing something like Javadoc
and integrating it with this command.  Dunno where that effort
stands though.  Retaining a good deal of similarity to Javadoc
might be useful.