Re: wrapping the python libraries

In article <481ce548.0203090610.6290123f@posting.google.com>,
 manicmarvin@hotmail.com (manicmarvin@hotmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking a bit at Dylan and I'm quite impressed actually. A
> bit of problem is that there aren't too many libraries comming with it
> (with GD that is). Has anyone ever tried to do something like wrapping
> (part of) the libraries that come with python? There's an awful lot of
> 'm (part of those written in quite portable c too).
> If so: any conclusions? Hard, easy, not worth the trouble?

I think that would indeed be a very good thing for someone to do.

We need people working on compilers, people working on documentation and
books, people working on libraries.  At the moment we've got mostly
people working on compilers.  We could do with more of those, but we
*really* could do with more people working on documents and libraries.

Dylan in general, and GD in particular, can easily wrap existing C
libraries.  The knowledge how to do it might not be very well written
down, but it does exist and if someone were to make a start I know that
good advice would be easy to come by...

-- Bruce