Re: The activity level of dylan.

In article <4c2j8.14927$ia.2915950@typhoon.ne.ipsvc.net>,
 "Scott McKay" <swm@attbi.com> wrote:

> "Bruce Hoult" <bruce@hoult.org> wrote in message
> bruce-15FEEE.17415411032002@copper.ipg.tsnz.net">news:bruce-15FEEE.17415411032002@copper.ipg.tsnz.net...
> > In article <3C8C33A7.7AC970F9@attbi.com>, Carl Gay <carlgay@attbi.com>
> > wrote:

> Pages,
> > >
> > > Similar in that .dsp source files look like .jsp source files, mixing
> > > HTML and extra-HTML tags, but DSP is a pure template engine with none
> > > of the drawbacks (and benefits?) of compiling to Java, or in this case
> > > Dylan, code.
> >
> > Oh!  I hadn't looked at it yet.  So you can't put arbitrary Dylan code
> > into the pages?  That's a pity.
>
> IMO, that's poor style anyway.  I could go on at length as to why
> I think this, but I won't.

In general I agree with you.  But I'd like to have the ability to do
some simple logic and formatting right in the HTML.  That itself can
involve reimplementing rather more of Dylan than I want to.  I also
sometimes like to be able to work directly in one file until I've
figured out just exactly what it is that I'm doing, and only then
extract the code out into somewhere else.

-- Bruce