Re: What?

Gabor Greif <ggreif@lucent.com> writes:

>> I can understand that Dylan does no longer follow above ideas and tries
>> to be compatible with the mainstream. I also can understand that
>> maintaining
>> two (or more) surface syntaxes would not be a really practicable idea.
> It would probably ignite the same flamewars _inside_ of the Dylan
> community as between some members of the Dylan and CL communities. I
> personally do not want that.

Probably.  But I would like to mention that I see Gwydion as a
potential compiler suite that targets more languages than just Dylan,
and I wouln't turn down a frontend for a language with Dylan semantics
and Lisp syntax.

Of course, the implementation language of Gwydion will stay Dylan.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."