Re: Fun-O Out of Business?

In article <gat-1809021510540001@k-137-79-50-101.jpl.nasa.gov>,
 gat@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) wrote:

> > the problem is that our hosting service redid their server without
> > php which is a big problem seeing how our whole ecommerce machinery is
> > based on php.  the last piece is that our hosting service doesn't
> > respond to our requests to reinstall php.  we're working on it
> > .. slowly.  apologies for inconveniences.
> >
> > jonathan bachrach
>
> I am disappointed to learn that your ecommerce machinery is written in PHP
> and not Dylan.  It makes me wonder if you really believe in your own
> product.

Don't you think that's a bit harsh?  Surely you don't think that
Functional-Developer *can't* be used for web work?

Fun-O isn't a big enough operation for it to be worth the hassle of
getting in a T1 and running their own web server, so they can and should
use the best deal they can find.  According to netcraft.com, their site
is hosted at JumpLine who provide Apache/Perl/PHP etc on Linux.  As
Functional-Developer is a Windows product, they couldn't use it for the
ecommerce stuff even if they wanted to.  I don't know whether or not
JumpLine allow you to install your own binaries on their machines, but
if they did then Fun-Dev could use the Un*x-based Gwydion Dylan to write
their CGIs if they wanted to.

-- Bruce