Re: AI Textbook Chapter: SVO (subject-verb-object) Module

"Amnon Meyers" <amnon.meyers@textanalysis.com> wrote on 1 Oct 2002:

>Hi, Arthur,
>
> So am I to understand that the SVO pattern is hard-wired
> into this "cognitive architecture" and is the first such
> pattern that is handled?

There are now three sentence-patterns hard-coded into the AI:

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/svo.html subject-verb-object syntax;

http://www.scn.org/~mentifexnegsvo.html SVO negation module;

http://www.scn.org/~mentifexwtauxsdo.html for asking questions.

> Further, that eventually such syntactic patterns will be
> learned automatically?

For the automatic learning we may need a dynamic language
such as Dylan, as mentioned in the AI Textbook chapter
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/v-phrase.html (q.v.):

6.6. Address the problem-space of the learning of complex verb-
forms by means of a looping insertion/deletion spiral that learns
from its environment what verb-forms other speakers are using.
Arrange for the AI automatically to add or delete syntactic nodes
on the sentence-generation loop that is subject to change because
it is a spiral of countless loops over the lifetime of the robot.
Decide whether to implement the syntax insertion/deletion spiral
with static code that adjusts activation or status data for each
syntactic node, or with a Dylanesque dy(namic) lan(guage) that
lets the immortal cyborg change its source code on the fly.

> I'd welcome a proof that this is a noteworthy achievement.

What is noteworthy is that the "AI Mind" has begun to spread, e.g.:

http://aibokennelclub.dyndns.org/ the Sony Pet AIBO KENNEL CLUB;

http://aibokennelclub.dyndns.org/mind.html -- a copy of my AI;

http://aibokennelclub.dyndns.org/userman.html -- ditto User Manual.

> I'd regard a system that learns such patterns as substantially
> more impressive.

So would I.  The current AI grows very slowly because it moves
in many directions at once -- one for each instantiated mind-module.

http://www.seedai.e-mind.org is my AI Mind tracker.  - Arthur