ILC 2002 - Last Call For Participation

                   ASSOCIATION OF LISP USERS (ALU)

        INTERNATIONAL LISP CONFERENCE 2002 (ILC 2002)

                    HOLIDAY INN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT

                         SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

               SUNDAY, OCT. 27TH - THURSDAY, OCT. 31ST

                         LAST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

NEW: Extended Registration deadline:  OCTOBER 7th, 2002

NEW: Registration Materials will be Fedexed the week of Oct. 14th.

NEW: The actual schedule of talks will be posted on the website later this
week.

NEW: Details about about the Napa Valley Wine tour on Friday, Nov. 1st are
now available on the website.

NEW: More tutorial details are now available on the website.

NEW: Competitions:

1. Dynamic Languages RoboCup Simulation League Competition

2. Divabot Beauty Contest!

Website: http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/

THE CONFERENCE

The Asociation of Lisp Users (ALU) is proud to announce the International
Lisp Conference 2002. The conference will take place at the Holiday Inn in
San Francisco's Financial District from October 27th through October 31st.

At the start of the 21st century we see the challenges ahead:

Applications will be more dynamic than ever and will be part of the fibers
of the Web, software and hardware robots will be our  assistants, and
biology will be source of both computational problems and programming
metaphors. Applications will be customized to individuals who happen upon
them, our needs and desires will be served by artificial beings, and our
software may more accurately resemble a termite nest than Rube Goldberg
inventions.

Will our mainstream concepts, approaches, and languages hold up? Where might
we turn for progress, inspiration, and technology? Was it right in front of
us all along? The International Lisp Conference addresses these questions
and more.

This four-day conference will bring together a mesh of brilliant minds from
a diverse international community that involves or borders the Lisp family
of languages. The conference will be uniquely multi-themed in nature, and
each day will paint a different theme. The themes  are  Lisp and Functional
Languages, Web Applications, Robotics & AI and Bioinformatics.  We have
gathered a *very* impressive list of invited speakers from each of these
communities that promise to deliver a captivating a stimulating conference
experience.

REGISTRATION

Registration information is available at:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/Overview/LC02-registration.html

MORE INFORMATION

For more information, again, please visit the website:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/

or contact Raymond de Lacaze at delaray@hotmail.com