Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

"Robert Graham" <rgraham2@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
3DE15AC5.3040602@nycap.rr.com">news:3DE15AC5.3040602@nycap.rr.com...

> Alistair Maclean wrote:
> > In article <3ddf96d3_6@Usenet.com>, Peter E. C. Dashwood <dashwood@nospa
> > m.enternet.co.nz> writes
> >
> >>Hmmm... waiting to get "payed" with "baited" breath...
> >>

> >>Pete.
> >>

> > Email left unread due to misspelling of "sometmes".
> >
> > ps English is mutating/evolving and expanding not declining.
> >

> And U.S. English is evolving the fastest.  We are more than
> happy to take words from anyone's language and make it our
> own.  We're economical as well.  Look at all the U's we've
> dropped, like in "color" as opposed to "colour", etc.
>
> We've even had movements to change to a phonetic form of
> spelling - "kat" for "cat".  Think of what that would do to
> your spell checkers!  If you look at old writing from 200
> years ago, great people had very bad spelling.  Sometimes in
> the same document they would spell a word several different
> ways.

We do that now, and never even notice.

OK and Okay, for example.

And from memory, there are 4 acceptable spellings for "panatella", depending
on which dictionary you use.