Re: Java

Sadly, I am comically-challenged.
Comically, I am sadly challenged.
Challenged, I am comic. Or something.

(I interpreted the smiley as just softening the "Duh!", not as applying
to the entire message.)

I feel that the concept of a "current working directory" doesn't belong
in the definition of a language. In a library that deals with files,
yes, but in the language, no.

You're right about the concept of a "current working directory" not
depending on user-writable storage. I was trying to name the property
that cellphones didn't have which obviated the need for a current
working directory. Better would be simply "a file system".

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir@acm.org
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014