Re: So, what the heck is a continuation anyway?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:49:19AM -0500, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> It certainly seems much more straightforward than writing a translation
> into an, as yet, non existent language, and then writing an implementation
> of THAT language.

Do you find it equally bizarre that when the Perl and Python interpreters
were being written, they were both designed to compile to an "as yet
non-existant language" and then an interpreter was written for that?

--
Sigh.  I like to think it's just the Linux people who want to be on
the "leading edge" so bad they walk right off the precipice.