Re: "Python for Lisp Programmers"

"S. Alexander Jacobson" <alex@shop.com> writes:

> Historical question: Ergonomically, Parentheses are annoying because they
> require constant use of the SHIFT key.  Square brackets would have been a
> better choice.  Who chose parentheses and why?

What are you talking about?  My `space cadet' keyboard had parens
available without shifting at all.

In all seriousness, though, I remap my standard keyboard to put the
parens where the square brackets are.

The primary reason Carl Sassenrath used square brackets as the
grouping operator in REBOL is because of their location on the
keyboard.