Re: What is a lightweight language

At 12:01 PM 12/11/2001 -0500, Dorai Sitaram wrote:
>The one thing I don't like about call/cc is the
>sneaking suspicion that there may be a
>pay-even-if-you-don't-use-it cost associated with
>it.

There's a cost--there's always a cost to everything. (Reality's really
annoying at times) If you're already paying part of it (say, capturing
lexical environments for closures) then the cost might be already paid, and
you might only have to pay in maintenance/development costs on the
compiler/interpreter/VM/whatever.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk