Re: What is a lightweight language

I'm well aware that a language has to have an app to
drive it.  See Being Popular

  http://www.paulgraham.com/popular.html

which if anything overstates that case.  BP was the
initial blueprint for Arc, and suggests the kind of app
we plan to launch it with.

I don't want to say a lot about the app till there is
something out there for people to use, but we are
already writing it, even though large parts of Arc
don't even exist yet.  That's how important it is
to the project.  (Plus I think it's a good idea to
write programs in a language while it's still malleable,
so you can be sure it feels good to hack in.)

--pg