Re: What design is: 911 vs. Fleetwood

Oversteer was something that was not a problem for race
car drivers but threw novices (literally) for a loop.
I think the equivalent for Lisp generally would be its
syntax.

People always used to claim that Lisp was slow, but I
think what really scared average users was the way code
looked.  Saying it was slow just seemed (possibly even
in their own minds) a more legitimate excuse for not
using it.

I'm not sure how scary Arc's eventual syntax will look.
Right now it's all s-expressions, because we're still
working on the core semantics.

--pg