Re: what is the problem?

I think this is an interesting exercise, but I would alter
a few of them:

 Lisp: Turing Machines are an awkward way to describe computation.

 Pascal: Algol doesn't have enough data types.

 Scheme: MacLisp is a kludge.

 Python: Lisp syntax is scary and CL and Scheme have no libraries.

 Java: C++ is a kludge. |  Microsoft is going to crush us.

Does anyone have suggestions for Smalltalk, Ruby, Haskell, ML...?

--- "KELLEHER,KEVIN (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1)" <kevin_kelleher@non.hp.com>