Re: XML as a transition to s-expr (Re: What is a lightweight language)

Bruce Lewis wrote:

> I don't think it's by converting PHP or ASP users.  They don't want to
> throw away the effort they've put into those tools.  I don't think it's
> by getting elite hackers to use BRL, as would be Paul Graham's formula.
> I think it's by getting web site authors without prior programming
> experience.

Newbies are the hardest to attract because they are least likely to
judge things on their own. They will just use what everybody else is
using. People without prior programming experience don't want to
accidentally pick something that is too hard or underpowered or etc. So
they just follow the crowd.

 Paul Prescod