Re: what is the problem?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:24:21PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Oh, and of course SELF was Craig Chambers' thesis:
> http://www.sunlabs.com/research/self/papers/chambers-thesis/thesis.ps.Z

Broken link. You mean:

http://research.sun.com/self/papers/chambers-thesis/thesis.ps.Z

Are you saying that Self has no value besides earning someone a PhD?
Could you elaborate on this? To my eyes at least, Self's object model is
a fairly novel concept, and I am under the impression that the
implementations aren't very primitive either.

Personally, I think I might have preferred if Self had taken over the
world instead of Java... :)

Lauri Alanko
la@iki.fi