Re: Functional Paradigm popularity and Maths (Was: XML as a transition to s-expr)

Do you mean that the current development team for
Lotus Notes is no good, or the original authors were
no good?  I have no trouble believing the former.
Good software is often *inherited* by mediocre
hackers, e.g. if a startup is bought, or even just
gradually stagnates.  In that case it is still mostly
the original authors who are affecting the world,
even if they don't work for the company anymore.

>From what I've heard the original authors of Notes
were actually smart guys.

http://www.findarticles.com/m0EIN/2000_Nov_9/66763701/p1/article.jhtml

I suspect you just don't get mediocre programmers
writing software used by a million people.  Except
viruses.