Re: Libraries and repositories

Much as I would want to agree with an argument that praises
Scheme and disses Java, I suspect that the real problem is
that Scheme is (currently) ruled by a committee and Java
isn't.  If the Scheme committee got together and blessed a
huge collection of libraries as an official part of the
next version of the language, they would soon come included
with anything that dared to call itself Scheme.  They're
not likely to, though; look how long they dithered about
macros, and what they ended up with.

The wind has shifted.  Languages have more in them, and change
faster, than you can do with a committee.