RE: Functional Paradigm popularity and Maths (Was: XML as a transition to s-expr)

P.S.,

I should also add that I would not want nor would I be very interesting
in hiring a language designer/implementor who did not have solid "real"
experience and skills in writing and thinking in assembly language.

I would prefer it even more if they had EE skills in digital logic and
the microprocessor systems. Modern processor caching architectures and
related instruction scheduling issues are non-trivial and play a
fundamental role in compiler/language design and implementation.

I.e., These skills are invaluable in the design of a compiler
architecture (especially for optimization and design of
front-end/intermediate-language/back-end architectures).

-- Dave S. [SmallScript LLC]

SmallScript for the AOS & .NET Platforms
David.Simmons@SmallScript.com | http://www.smallscript.org