Any and Every... (was Re: Eval)

Hi,

I have a naive question which will probably amuse everyone who has
a better understanding of types, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If "any" is the union of all types, that means any value of any
type is "assignable" to a "variable" of type "any," correct?

Is there also a type "every" that is the intersection of all types?
If so, what are it's values? Is "every" isomorphic to "NULL" or
something similar, i.e. it can be assigned to everything else but
nothing can be assigned to it? Or does it not make sense at all?

Peter

--
Peter H. Froehlich []->[!]<-[] http://nil.ics.uci.edu/~phf/