Re: cheerful static typing (was: Any and Every... (was: Eval))

Okay, and how do you ensure that your type system means anything?
We have had a "type system" like that in CL for years.

Based on my 12 year experience of using and exploring soft type systems,
the key to a type system is the programmer and not the compiler. The
programmer needs to understand

 * the types
 * the type errors
 * the meaning of types for the program execution.

[The ordering is wrong, the second point should be first.]

Work out the Curl type system in these three directions if you want to
claim an interesting innovation.

-- Matthias