Re: .NET CLR?

Speaking of prior art...

I recall that DEC's VMS had a standard, intra- and inter-language
procedure calling standard in the early 80's. As far as I know, all the
VMS languages adhered to the standard, and one of those languages was
Lisp.

It may have been the case that something similar existed for RSX-11
which would make the implementation even older.

Here's a link to a current version of the standard:

   http://www.openvms.compaq.com:8000/73final/5973/5973PRO.HTML

--- Vladimir

--------
Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         vladimir@acm.org
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014