Re: in defense of types

Yes, Jeff, I have heard this before. Program understanding
does not come from types alone. As for types, the story is
wide open for powerful type systems (see ML). Of course,
you can always make sure that your type system is so strong
that only programs such as "print 5" pass the type checker,
and it is easy to understand this program and to compile
it. Don't fall for such pubs. Question them. -- Matthias

P.S. The SEI link doesn't work.