RE: Macros and little languages

Anton van Straaten wrote:

> It's easy to imagine systems with a stable, well-tested core that's fully
> typed, with newer auxiliary modules under development that aren't fully
> typed.

Actually, it isn't so easy to imagine this.  Your imagination's
picture is probably of a world with Pascal or Fortran libraries.  We
live in a higher-order world, whether we use ML, Python or Java.
Think callbacks.  (There are problems with this vision even in the
Pascal/Fortran world, but it's even worse now.)

Shriram