Re: Common Lisp "let"

   Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 14:41:19 -0400
   From: "Anton van Straaten" <anton@appsolutions.com>

   I think that given a grammar for Lisp, containing explicit definitions for
   constructs like "let", this ambiguity could have been detected by an
   automated tool, e.g. a parser generator.

There might be some way to detect this kind of mistake with a parser
tool, but I should point out that it's not actually an "ambiguity" in
the sense of the language's definition being ambiguous.  The rules for
interpreting "let" are not ambiguous in the technical sense; they're
just confusing.