Re: succinctness = power

Timothy Hickey wrote:

>On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 10:43 AM, Robert Bruce Findler wrote:
>
>This argument supports the use of "executable comments" such as
>assertions or contracts that not only explain what the program is doing
>but that signal errors at runtime or compile time when the program
>changes
>and the "comments" do not.

Executable comments are great when you can do them, but if you look at the
example commented code that I mailed out recently, I don't see any way to
make comments of that sort be executable.

I agree with Christopher Barber: programmers really, really have got to
learn
to maintain comments, just the same way they have to learn other good
programming practices.

-- Dan