Re: following up on speed

> Actually, I think it would be fair. In my experience, many C/C++
> coders don't seem to think too much about allocation issues.

My experience working with C++, Scheme, & Java programmers is that the
C++ programmers think about memory allocation and the GC-trained
programmers don't.  Look at code written by undergraduates who have
never used C/C++.  They don't think about memory, and as a result will
"leak" all over the place by holding pointers to objects they never
intend to use, and will allocate new objects rather than reusing old
ones, not realizing the performance penalty.

-m

=====
Morgan McGuire
morgan3d@yahoo.com