Re: "static" declaration

Looking back over my experience with reading code and finding bugs, I
have come to a rather unexpected conclusion:

First, declaring variables is essential, but declaring type is not.
This eliminates the common bug of introducing a new variable with a
typo.

Second, declaing how a variable is to be used is much more important
than declaring what a variable is. For example, in C++, const
correctness is much more powerful than strong typing.

--- Daniel Weinreb <DLWeinreb@attbi.com> wrote:

> >Personally, I consider Java heavyweight because it has a restrictive
> >typing system that is heavily coupled with inheriting behaviour.
> >
> Well, based on my current Perl experience, I guess that makes me a
> heavyweight language
> fan.  Boy, I really miss those declarations!

=====
Reginald Braithwaite-Lee
http://www.braithwaite-lee.com/   <-- background information
416-827-3488