RE: "static" declaration

Neel Krishnaswami wrote:
> Haskell has a solution to this problem that feels really clean.
> There, they call interfaces "typeclasses".

Thanks.  I'm not even remotely tempted to muster a spirited defense of Java
against Haskell...

In the trickle-down hierarchy of languages, I see Java as having a few
things to "teach" other mainstream languages, but I'm not sure that it has
much to teach the Haskells, MLs etc., at least not from the
language-theoretic perspective.

> So your program can grow in a much more
> organic fashion, since it makes refactoring much easier to do.

Sounds almost "lightweight", although I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to kick
my mutation habit to get at that feature!

Anton