RE: Java interface natural history was RE: "static" declaration

> Further analysis could reveal interfaces struggling to get out of the
> Lisp code, and multiple inheritance and closures struggling to get
> out of the Java code.

My guess is that there are plenty of interfaces struggling to get out of a
lot of Java code, too, the JDK included.  When looking at any large library
API, in just about any language, I always find it striking how much
repetition there is.  Part of the problem is that factoring across disparate
parts of an API tends (realistically) to have to be done after the fact, by
which time it may be too late; and another point is simply that there may be
language limitations, performance costs, etc. involved in the sort of reuse
I'm talking about.

Anton