Re: Scriptometer: measuring the ease of SOP (Script Oriented Programming) of programming languages

>I don't think one characteristic of Script-Oriented Programming is the
>ability to write a small scripting dynamically-typed OO language ;p
>
>I'd rather have a language-agnostic description of SOP.

I agree with this.  I think that when we judge a langauge (actually a
language +
environment pair) as to how good it is at SOP, we should do the judging at
a higher level of abstraction (did it get the job done properly) rather than
at a lower level of abstractino (did it have X language feature).

For example, let's not ask "does it have a GC?"  If I were writing a little
scripting thing in C or C++, I would probably just do "new" and never
bother to delete anything.  Why bother?  So a couple of kilobytes never
get returned; so what?  It's only a script, it'll be dead soon anyway.  Why
bother freeing anything?  And so under those particular circustances, a
GC is not actually needed.