RE: 99 bottles

--- Anton van Straaten <anton@appsolutions.com> wrote:

> Who needs all those extra "features" and "syntax"???  Well, I
> suppose Larry, Guido, and Matz have to keep themselves busy
> somehow...!!

In 1982 (a mere twenty years ago) Alan Perlis wrote:

"Beware the Turing Tar-Pit, where everything is possible but nothing of
interest is easy."

I suspect that we may not need the extra features for our languages to
be Turing-Complete, but we need the extra features to be Perlis-Easy.

=====
Reginald Braithwaite-Lee
http://www.braithwaite-lee.com/   <-- background information
416-827-3488