Re: pretty-lambdas

At 10:35 PM -0500 12/3/02, Matt Liggett wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:45:50PM -0500, Daniel Weinreb wrote:
>>  (I refer here to the original Lisp Machine keyboard, unofficialy
>>  known as the Space Cadet Keyboard, in which Tom Knight saw fit to
>>  throw restraint to the winds and put in everything anybody ever
>>  wanted, including, if I recall correctly, the entire Greek
>>  alphabet.)
>
>I was curious to see a picture of this thing and managed to find these
>with google:
>

>http://images.google.com/images?q=+site:www.update.uu.se+space-cadet-keyboard
>
>super, meta, hyper...

Actually, that is a picture of a 3600 keyboard, designed
I believe by Jim Kulp.  This keyboard, after 20 years,
remains the best keyboard I have ever used.  The action
of the keys was sooooo sweet.

The 3600 keyboard is *way* less cluttered with keys than
the space cadet keyboard.  The 3600 keyboard has about the
same number of keycaps as my G4 laptop, and far fewer keys
than my Dell keyboard.