Re: Language documentation

   Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:08:22 +0100
   From: Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
   To: ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu
   Subject: Language documentation

   I know of no other single language where text file munging is described
   in the first five chapters of the manual. ...

Then you can't have looked very far.  I have checked
three different manuals and tutorials for RPG (the
Report Program Generator language) and all three are
well into text (well, EBCDIC) file munging by Chapter 4.
(Moreover, RPG has extensive support for expressing
monetary values in pounds, shillings, and pence as
well as US dollars.  What more could one ask for?)

--Guy