Fixing Lisp?

Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> I think that Scheme has a deep meta-level schiwophrenia
> in not choosing (and not allowing to specify in any standard way)
> between static programming and dynamic programming,
> ending up with the worst of both world, typing-wise.

The beauty of Scheme is that you are not locked into the tyranny of a
single type system -- Scheme has many.  For instance, look at Soft
Scheme and MrSpidey, produced at Rice, which were strictly
incomparable (in a technical sense), yet both quite lovely in their
own right.  MrSpidey is now being succeeded by MrFlow, being developed
at Northeastern and Chicago.

Shriram