Re: Y Store /Closures

Mike: Actually, I'd like to know precisely how closures in a language
or how some other features (such as continuations) help build web apps
that cannot be done in other languages w/out such features. Note I say
web apps -- not all apps.

(If people can't prove impossibility, I'd also like to know precisely
why things will perhaps be orders of magnitude more difficult).

Thanks.

ps. I'll confess to being ignorant (maybe because I hack zope and
session state w/ j2ee and oracle -- I don't think of maintaining state
across web hits as that interesting and could be done in oh 20
different ways.. but maybe there's something about an innovative use
of these features I'm missing).

--
   Maybe because they didn't understand either how to implement them or why
   they're important?  ;-)

   Only half joking...

   Mike