Re: how is polymorphism used?

   Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:00:56 -0500
   From: Ken Shan <ken@digitas.harvard.edu>

   ...  I have more than once found bugs in my code because the type
   inferred by the compiler for a function is more or less general than
   what I expected or intended....

It's clear that this is a possibility, but I don't recall any cases from my
own experience where the system inferred a more general type than I had in
mind, and where this was a symptom of a bug rather than merely being
unanticipated generality.  I'd be interested in seeing a really compelling
example.  (Note that I'm not disagreeing with anybody here -- I'm just
saying that I think a good example of this would be interesting to look
at.)