RE: A plea for a new old language

> Right, but for people to understand CPS, they must understand
> continuations. That was the point--most folks, right or wrong (OK,
> wrong, but still), understand continuations as this nebulous, scary
> thing. I want to use CPS, and for that I must have a developer base
> not scared of continuations, which means I need, or at least want, a
> language that people aren't scared of that presents continuations.

Some other ideas:

1)  Christian Tismer wrote up some notes on his stackless python work:
(http://www.tismer.com/research/stackless/spcpaper.htm)

2)  The SCM implemenation creates "continuations" in C using setjpm/longjmp.
	(http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SCM.html)

3)  Simon Tatham has a write-up on using coroutines in C, which he apparently used
	in his PuTTY code:  (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/coroutines.html)

The last two are very "C" centered, and should be understandable by the bulk
of the Parrot core.

-Brent