Re: A plea for a new old language

Hello,

I have used similar approach to what Dan describes (but with no
planned JIT, only bytecode interpreter) in my experimental language
JTPL (I did announce it on this ml). It may be useful to look at it
for Parrot developers. Its source is reasonably simple. The language
is otherwise useless since it does not contain any libraries and only
very basic input/output functions. Calling continuation to return from
function is only way to return from that function in the language
(from syntactic point of view it looks like normal return in C, but
"return" is not keyword, it is implicit name for continuation that can
be also stored in other variable). There is separate compiler and
virtual machine.

http://klokan.sh.cvut.cz/~jtra/download/jtpl-current.tar.gz
http://klokan.sh.cvut.cz/~jtra/

Jakub Travnik
jabber://jtra@jabber.com

UNIX is like Sex: If you don't know it, you don't miss it. But if you
know it, you'll need it. -Anonymous