Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

 * Extreme Programming
 * Pair-Programming
 * Python's meaningful-whitespace syntax

These are three things that some people love and many people hate.  I've
noticed that most of the articles (on ll1 as well as many other forums)
praising one of these ideas speak from experience.  I tried it, they usually
say, and it worked well.  Better than I expected, they often add.

On the other hand, most of the posts decrying one of these ideas speak
hypothetically about how the idea "would" cause such-and-such problems, or has
a bad lineage of ancestor ideas, or whatever.

I have read hundreds of articles pro- and con- and had many private
conversations about these three topics, and I can remember only one or two
instances of someone claiming serious, sustained experience with the practice
and then decrying it.

Regards,

Zooko

P.S.  I've tried them all, and they've worked beautifully.  Much better than
I expected.

http://zooko.com/
         ^-- under re-construction: some new stuff, some broken links