Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

    Neil> Do the best writers generally write better in pairs?

Of course not, but I suspect the analogy between programmers and prose
writers is imperfect.  The difference is that code can have subtle
bugs, whereas prose cannot.

Perhaps a more interesting question would be "Do the best lawyers
draft contracts in pairs", since I imagine that a legal document *can*
have subtle "bugs", which would be easier to spot with two sets of
eyes.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they do.