Re: Language Implementation Languages

>>     Is anyone using anything other than C and its heirs for
>> their low level language implemenation work?
>>
>>     It seems all to easy to introduce bugs in one's
>> implmentation when using something as unsafe as C.

Brent> That's a very common first-goal with languages.  I can think
Brent> of several off the top of my head: [...]

Scheme 48 (http://www.s48.org/) is written almost entirely in Scheme.
The byte-code VM is written in a systems-programming dialect of Scheme
called PreScheme which compiles to C.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike