From: Steve Dekorte [mailto:steve@dekorte.com]
Sent: 20 May 2003 10:45
To: ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 02:18 AM, Bayley, Alistair wrote:
>> And if you want to find the most generally despised languages, look to
> >those designed by committees.
>
> Maybe true in general, but I can think of one exception. Haskell is a
> language designed by committee. Generally loved (well, at least liked)
> by
> most of its users.

Wasn't Haskell largely based on "Miranda" which was designed by David
Turner at UKC?

Cheers,
Steve
Social and economic freedom: http://www.lp.org/

The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use
of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or may
otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules.  It must not be disclosed to any person without
our authority.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.