Re: another take on hackers and painters

Matt Hellige <matt@immute.net> wrote:
 >Here's another big one: reflection and dynamic evaluation.

Aha!  That is a big one.  I suppose the other alternative is to write
your own "eval-string" including parser, type checker, and so forth. :-)

Are there any staticly typed languages that expose an interface like
Scheme's eval or Python's exec/eval (which actually take strings)?[1]  If
so, what does the interface look like?[2]

Tommy McGuire
[1] Yes, sort of: Java's reflection API...
[2] ...and it's ugly.  I am actually hoping for something more
interesting, from a language with a better type system.